30 Mar Keeping Touchscreens Germ Free
COVID-19 Alert – Touchscreens
There’s no doubt that our definition of ‘Play’ during these uncertain times has been redefined. Anything we touch now becomes a vehicle for transference of the virus.
If your business owns a touchscreen, there are some simple ways to address the increased risks of the COVID-19 pandemic whilst keeping your digital signage technology working as hard as ever.
It might seem obvious, but the key here is preventative measures that reduce the likelihood of infection and help to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Yap!care strongly recommends regular, frequent sanitising of touched surfaces if touchscreens are still a vital part of your business model. If they are not essential, maybe now is the time to turn them off and do some ‘downtime’ maintenance and a major clean, so that when the time comes, they are ready to be put into use immediately.
Handy Hints – Cleaning a Touchscreen or Kiosk screen
- Use a moist cleaning cloth with soap and water;
- Use a solution designed for cleaning screens or make a ‘homemade’ combination of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% distilled water;
- Increase the frequency of cleaning;
- Use a clean, soft, lint-free or micro-fibre cloth;
- Make sure you protect the equipment by ensuring that any liquid does not end up inside the housing. Keep cloths well wrung out and avoid spraying directly onto the screen.
- Apply elbow grease!
Every business will need to consider their digital signage on a case by case basis. If you need assistance with this process, or would like advice or a quote on how to complete maintenance, call our Yap! team today on 08 9274 5151.
We care … keep safe.